Spirit Airlines is always known as an ultra low cost carrier to serve the passengers cheap flight tickets with all the comfort a passenger expects in his flight journey. But have you ever thought how this airlines is offering you flight tickets at such a low price? Well, it may seem to be tricky but it’s the right way through which customers pay for exactly what facility they are using. A customer who wants to go for a short trip, without too much luggage does not deserve to pay so much for all the other facilities which he does not even want to use. For such customers, Spirit Airlines reservations service is the best. Usually it seems so expensive for such passengers to go via other flights. But Spirit Airlines charge for the facilities only those who actually use that facility. Means a simple logical approach is here, pay for what you need.
Likewise, Spirit airlines baggage policy is also unique in itself. With the normal travelling ticket, Spirit airlines only allows its passengers to carry a minimum baggage. There are some facts regarding this.
- Spirit Airlines “bare fares” allow travelers to book flights with one personal item.
- A personal item is something like a laptop bag or purse.
- Spirit Airlines baggage fees apply to any additional or larger bags
- If you will be taking a carry-on or a checked bag on your journey with Spirit Airlines, you can add this when you book your flight.
- The prices for additional baggage relates to the size and weight, alongside any restrictions on your flight.
- There is a limit of size and weight of the personal item, which could be a purse, laptop case or small backpack etc. Dimensions must not exceed 18 x 14 x 8 inches (45 x 35 x 20 cm) including handles and wheels.
Other than personal 1 personal item, if you need to carry more luggage you need to pay extra charges for these. There are three categories for this.
Personal Item – Spirit Airlines Reservations allows the passengers to keep personal items on Spirit Airlines flights which fit within the dimensions of 45 x 35 x 20 cm.
Carry-on Baggage – As per the Spirit Airlines Reservations Service rules, the carry-on baggage on Spirit Airlines reservation flights must fit within the dimensions of 56 x 46 x 25 cm.
Checked Baggage – As per the Spirit Airlines Reservations Service policies, the checked baggage on Spirit Airlines reservation flights must fit within the overall dimensions of 158cm and should be under 18kg, otherwise it has to be purchased as oversized baggage.
Here is the fares for this luggage
personal item: FREE with Bare Fare
Standard carry-on bag:
- $9 fare club – $28
- Standard – $37
Before & During Online Check-In:
- $9 fare club – $36
- Standard – $45
Airport Reservation Desk: $55
At Gate: $65
- Personal: 18″ x 14″ x 8″
- Standard: 22″ x 18″ x10″
- Lap Infant Carry-On Policy
- Breast pumps and baby formula are allowed to be carried onto an aircraft and don’t count against your carry-on allowance.
Stroller Check Policy
- Spirit airlines will check a stroller or double stroller at the ticket counter or gate. The stroller will be waiting for you when you exit the aircraft.
Spirit Airlines Checked Baggage Allowance
All checked bags must adhere to a max weight of 40lbs and must adhere to max linear dimensions of 62 inches.
Spirit Airlines considers a number of items in their fee calculations, including route, dates of travel, and $9 fare club or Standard fare.
So, now you know everything about the baggage policy of Spirit Airlines flights deals. Now, you can plan your trips accordingly and book Spirit Airlines tickets considering these facts and carrying the luggage as per your need and policy of Spirit Airlines.